Sunday, February 21, 2016

You are kidding me!!!

First I would like to say that I could not have written this story even if I tried!  All of the honor glory and credit goes to my Father in Heaven.  He is the creator of life and the author of our stories!

So some of you may recall in my last post I was absolutely heart broken over the news of Tucker and his file coming in as Option 1.  That week I cried, Bob and I had many long discussions about God and His plan for our family, and I prayed.  I prayed for God to help me understand how I could fall so deeply in love with a little boy I knew for 5 days and then not to have him in our family.  Some of the hardest things I had to do in the days that followed were sharing about Tucker with other people.  Putting aside my own feelings and hurt, I needed to share this wonderful boy with others so that he could find his family.  Each time his picture popped up in my email or on a facebook page my heart sunk a little deeper.  I was hurt that his file came in the wrong way for us, I was confused as to why God would put him in our life this way just  to say "no", and all the while deep down I still felt like somehow, someway he was still suppose to be a part of our family.

I recently read a post by Lysa Terkeurst, "We must never confuse delays with dead ends.  But I think we do this all the time.  We sometimes put a period where our life story may just need a little string of dots . . ."  See I assumed that Tuckers file coming in as Option 1 was the end.  That I was no longer going to be a part of his life.  Six days after getting the news about his file I was in South Carolina eating lunch with some of my friends who I went on the mission trip with.  They politely brought up the Tucker conversation and I admitted to them my struggles and how I still felt like he was suppose to be a part of our family.

One week from getting the news about Tucker, I was upstairs putting the babies down for a nap.  As I came down the stairs my oldest daughter says to me "Mommy, your iPad rang and it wasn't Dada. I told her you were upstairs and they should call back." So after I frantically realized that I needed to have the talk about answering phones and iPads without an adult around I quickly looked at the phone and noticed the caller ID said VA.  Well our adoption agency is based out of VA and again I felt that pit in my stomach.  I thought, oh no I can't take more bad news!  I am a hot mess right now and it's only 10:00a.m. and I still have all day with little kids before Bob gets home.  That's A LOT of crying by myself!!!  Again, I put periods where God wanted a string of dots...

So I did what any good mother does when you need to have an important phone conversation with no one begging you for a juice cup or snack, I turned on the TV.  As my kids sit watching TV, I sat at out kitchen table and begrudgingly called our family coordinator back.  She told me I needed to sit down, and that she had some good news for us.  She then proceeded to tell me that China changed Tuckers file type and that WE WOULD BE ABLE TO BE MATCHED WITH HIM!!!!!  You guys, this NEVER happens.  Our family coordinator was in disbelief she was even calling me to tell me the news.  I can not share too many more details because all of our paper work has not made it to the final stages yet, but basically Tucker needs to have some other minor medical procedures done and therefore China felt it best to change his status so that no one would travel while he is still healing from surgery.  I mean isn't that the craziest!!!??

We have our pre approval to be matched with him and now we are on to filling out more and more paperwork.  Our I800a has been submitted and received.  We are waiting to get our appointment to get fingerprinted.  We hope to have our complete dossier sent to China by May at the latest.  Which means if everything goes as planned we could travel in the Fall to go and bring our Tucker home!

So even though at the time the answer seemed like a no, it really was more of a pause... a wait and see what I have planned... a trust Me who knows the beginning, middle and end...

"In the same way, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic news! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful letter Parin. I can't wait to see pictures of your new son. Love to you all, Heidi

    ReplyDelete