Sunday, May 8, 2016

In the Muthahood!

Anita Renfroe has a great song that you must listen to if you haven't heard it already...I'm pretty sure if makes me LOL every time!!!  You can find the link below..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCbPqi3virQ

So it's Mother's Day and all my littles are finally in bed and the house is semi-clean.  We had a busy day of doing things for mommy and making things for mommy and singing special songs for mommy! All of this happened before 9am and as we were driving to church my little 3 year old looked at me and said "celebrating is hard work!"  Well I guess I'll take it little buddy! I should also point out that Bob goes above and beyond on Mother's day!  I am so blessed to call him mine, to walk next to him in the whole parenting journey and that every morning he thinks of ways to bless me throughout the day.  Kyla really got into Mother's Day this year.  She decided the breakfast menu which included an omelette with bell peppers.

Today in church we sang a song that you may all know... At The Cross by Chris Tomlin.  It's a song that I have sang for a while and on many days in the privacy of my own minivan I will belt it at the top of my lungs! You may not know this about me, but I LOVE to sing...I mean LOVE....I can't sing but that rarely stops me. And you better watch out if there is a Mariah Cary or J Lo song on...game on!  In my head I think I can sing just like them, I'm not kidding!  If my sister were here and still on FB she would attest to our love for "All I want for Christmas" Anyway, our church plays loud  music and I love it.  Mainly because it really does connect me with worship and partly because no one can hear how awful it sounds to them.

So today we are singing this song and I'm thinking about Mother's Day, thinking about my mom, growing up, what kind of mom I think I am, the highs and the lows.  I will admit, most days I feel like I fall short of mothering and raising my kids to be Godly people.
 Am I discipling my kids?  What if my kids turn out like those kids? What if they feel like I was mean? Did they eat enough veggies today? Should I have put sunscreen on them? How bad is High fructose corn syrup? Maybe they are sleeping to much! Am I sheltering them? Will they have compassion for others?? Am I boring them? 
Then these words pop up: "There's a place where streams of grace flow deep and wide" and it just came over me like a rush. God's grace is what I have and no one or no thing can take that away.  Teaching my kids about God's grace and love is what is most important.  Yes there are times that they will fail, they will do things that will go against our will for them and God's will for them.  But I pray that they know of God's grace.  I pray that Bob and I can teach them about this grace.  This whole parenting thing is hard, it's hard to block out what the world says you should do and be and fill it up instead with what God says. But then there's grace... there's Gods word that is true and holy.

Today has me thinking too of our son in China.  A day doesn't go by that I don't really think of what he is doing, but today I really felt an ache for him.  I want him to be here to celebrate with us.  To run around the yard with his brothers and sisters and for me to wrap my arms around him and thank him for making me a mommy for the 4th time.  We are getting closer and closer.  We hope to get our I800A approval in the mail this week and then shortly our entire dossier will be off to China!!!  Many of you may remember that his special need is cleft lip and palate.  He had a lip repair back in December but it didn't work out like they planned.  Well he was suppose to have it repaired in April but after beging evaluated by the medical team, they decided the tissue had not healed enough for another lip surgery.  So our little guys still has a cleft lip and we are just so anxious to get to him and love on him.  He will have his surgery once we are back in the states and have him evaluated. Please continue to pray for him, for orphans around the world and most importantly how you can be involved in orphan care.

Happy Mother's Day y'all!



   

3 comments:

  1. you and bob both are such an inspiration parin ben! Just like our mothers. Happy Mothers Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is really sweet of you to say! Miss you :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you! That is really sweet of you to say! Miss you :)

      Delete